Our Early Years Leader is Mrs. Kent
To nurture and enrich each individual child through playful experiences in a warm, safe and caring setting.
- Loving and caring.
- Learning through play.
- Understanding of how children develop and learn (theory and approaches).
- Supportive and reflective practitioners who enable children to develop in their own way and at their own pace.
- A well-planned and resourced learning environment to encourage children's wonder and curiosity.
- The environment is a safe place for children to explore, take risk and experiment with their learning; knowing that making mistakes and perseverance is part of the learning experience.
- Having shared fun and memorable experiences.
- To work closely with the children's families to ensure their children's learning and care needs are met appropriately.
Curriculum (what) takes into account:
- The child - their stage of development and interests.
- Coverage of the 7 education programmes (EYFS Framework).
- Annual themes / topics such as seasons, cultural celebration, special days and children's interests.
To develop happy, kind, confident, well-round children who are prepared in the foundation skills and knowledge. They are ready to move onto the next chapter in their lives with a curious mind and willingness to learn.